liquid sodium hyaluronate
- Supporting the joint health of equine athletes through the rigours of training and competition
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Delivers high molecular weight sodium hyaluronate in an easy-to-administer liquid
- Hyaluronic acid plays a vital role in maintaining the health of connective tissue and optimising normal joint function
- Contributes significantly to maintenance of cartilage health and elasticity, joint fluid viscoelasticity, and lubrication of the entire joint mechanism
- Provides the nutrients that match the known attributes of hyaluronic acid found in the horse’s body
Maintaining proper joint health is an important factor in the longevity of a horse’s performance career. Synovial fluid is a clear, viscous fluid secreted by tissues and membranes in joint cavities. As a lubricant, synovial fluid reduces friction and allows joints to work optimally. The nutrient-rich synovial fluid is a vital component that fills the joint capsule to aid in smooth passage of one bone over another and to absorb shock from highimpact work. The demands of performance often leave joints without sufficient synovial fluid, sometimes as a result of cumulative wear and tear. Sodium hyaluronate is a glycosaminoglycan that is an important structural component of joint cartilage, and is responsible for the viscosity (thickness) of the synovial fluid. Supplementation with Synovate HA® helps to support joint health proactively. Researchers have identified differences in biological activities for HA of different molecular weights. HA with a high molecular weight (more than 500,000 daltons) has the greatest biological response.