- Working Horses, from light to heavy work
- Pregnant mares, supplementation of the mare is passed directly to the foal with positive effects on foetal nervous system development
- Stallions and their semen quality
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maintaining joint health and supporting joint function
- Skin and Hoof Condition
- Supporting lung health in stabled horses or those in hard work
- Suckling Foals
EO.3™ is a unique source of omega-3, derived from marine sources that can help maintain an optimal omega-3: omega-6 fatty acid ratio in equine diets. These essential fatty acids cannot be made by the horse and have to be supplied by the diet. There are two main categories of essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega6 fatty acids. Grass fed horses receive a large proportion of omega-3 essential fatty acids from their grazing. Hay and cereals contain less omega-3’s. The equine body is more suited to a diet higher in omega-3’s compared to omega-6’s. Modern feeding regimes, combined with management and an increased reliance on conserved forages could mean that some horses are receiving a higher proportion of omega’6 fatty acids. Supplementing the diet with EO.3™ will help to restore balance.
Source of omega-3 is key
Plant derived omega-3’s are converted in the body from their basic form to more complex and highly effective forms. Marine derived omega-3 sources supply these more complex forms directly into the body and therefore are a more potent way of supplying omega-3’s.