DIGESTIVE AND RESPIRATORY AID
- All types of horses and ponies at grass
- An aid to insect and fly repellent management
- Balancing mineral deficiencies in pastures and forages
Saracen GAR-LICK is a unique vitamin and mineral lick produced to deliver two main benefits to your horse.
- It will provide your horse with a source of key vitamins and minerals that are deficient in modern pastures and forages, which helps ensure that optimum levels of these are maintained in their daily diet
- To provide your horse with a natural defence against insect and fly bites/irritation, reducing the need for external preparations. This is achieved by the addition of pure garlic to the lick
There are numerous examples of the use of garlic as a dietary component to aid fly control in livestock. The exceptional properties of garlic are due to a number of sulphur compounds which are formed during its digestion. These compounds (including ajoene, dithiin and diallyl sulphide) are all highly volatile and, once absorbed, enter the blood stream and are expelled through pores in the skin and through the lungs. Insects have evolved to avoid such compounds and will therefore avoid plants or animals coated with these garlic derived substances.