LOW glycemic STUD cube
- Use as a foal creep feed
- Maintaining weanlings and yearlings, up to three year olds
- Backward foals, without compromising skeletal development
- Larger broodmares, particularly those that can get heavy through gestation, such as Arabians, Warmbloods and native pony breeds
- Lactating mares
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Fully fortified with available sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Quality protein sources for supporting optimum development, health and immune funtion
- Guaranteed macro- and micro-nutrient supplementation
- Maintenance of normal skeletal development due to the high oil, high fibre, low starch formula and the low-glycemic response after feeding
- Balanced energy levels to encourage consistent daily weight gain, and steady growth rates
- Highly digestible energy sources to support milk production in lactating mares
Level-Grow™ Pencils use a unique blend of ingredients to provide alternative energy sources that produce a minimal glycemic response after digestion. Consequently, after weaning, Level-Grow™ Pencils would be the sole concentrate given to young, growing horses up to the age of three to promote normal growth patterns and more manageable behaviour.
As the glycemic response of horses can be affected by the way their feed is formulated, using oil and fibre as energy sources rather than starch and sugar makes Level-Grow™ Pencils a 'softer', more forgiving feed. Backward foals can cope with the feed without compromising an immature skeleton, and mares that tend to carry too much condition during gestation respond well if they are maintained on Level-Grow™ Pencils. The higher fibre levels suit larger mares that get too heavy during their pregnancy.
Level-Grow™ is designed to be fed like a conventional stud feed and is available in a mix or cube form.
Level-Grow™ Pencils are fully fortified with a complete spectrum of available vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
To read more about Feeding For Breeding click here for Lizzie's Drury's factsheet on feeding broodmares, youngstock and stallions