LOW CALORIE FEED BALANCER
- Horses and ponies that are overweight
- "Good-doers" and native breeds
- Horses and ponies requiring a specialist feed to help maintain a healthy metabolism
- Any horse or pony that requires a low calorie feed balancer
- The high palatability of this ration also makes it suitable for fussy feeders or those that are sick, convalescing or on box rest
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maintains a healthy digestive environment in horses and ponies on restricted rations
- Contains a source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Includes a mycotoxin binder for "mopping up" free radicals and supporting optimum health and immune function
- Supports hoof quality and growth
- Includes a source of magnesium for normal cell sensitivity
- Contains added cinnamon for palatability and antioxidant support
SHAPE-UP™ is a low starch, high fibre mix designed to provide a balanced diet at low intake levels, and to help maintain a normal, healthy metabolism. It can be used as a calorie controlled ration to meet micronutrient requirements without excess sugar, calories and starch intake.
SHAPE-UP™ is the result of nearly two years of research and development and incorporates some of the most recent and up to date nutritional innovations for horses and ponies that require a low starch and low calorie feed. The ration is based on Saracen Horse Feeds' "Super-fibre" technology, meaning that energy is dervied from slow-release, fibre sources that produce a minimal glycemic response post feeding. The high fibre content of SHAPE-UP™ and the inclusion of an original neutralizing ingredient also help to maintain a healthy digestive system for those good-doers that may be on a restricted forage ration.
SHAPE-UP™ should be fed at the recommended feeding levels, and also in conjunction with a suitable forage source. Saracen can supply you with a specific SHAPE-UP measuring cup, contact us today. For effective weight loss and weight management, hay should be analysed for its non-structural carbohydrate (NSC) content and ideally should contain less than 10-12% NSC. Providing that your horse is sound, every effort should be made to implement a sensible and regular exercise regime.
Click here to read Lizzie Drury's Top Tips on feeding this good-doer