FOR HORSES AGED 16+ IN WORK REST AND PLAY
- Horses and ponies aged 16 plus at work, rest or play
- Horses and ponies requiring a low starch diet or an oat free diet
- Ideal to maintain or promote optimum body condition
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High oil level for optimum coat and skin condition
- Whole oat free
- Inclusion of four different herbs which are claimed to help with normal respiratory, digestive and healing processes
- Highly palatable
- Consistent quality through fixed formulation
- Chelated minerals included which can complement natural defences
- "Super-fibre" technology for controlled energy release and lower starch levels
- Powerful antioxidants to maintain a healthy lifestyle
Saracen Veteran Mix is a high quality, highly digestible mix designed specifically for the needs of the older horse. Saracen Veteran Mix was the first diet specifically designed to meet the different requirements of the older horse
This latest Veteran Mix formulation now has a greater emphasis placed on the use of Saracen "Super-fibre" technology. "Super-fibre" sources contain a similar level of accessible calories to that of cereals. This enables the cereal portion of the recipe to be reduced and consequently the starch level of the diet is reduced. This helps to avoid the likelihood of any digestive disorders caused by high cereal based diets.
With the addition of high levels of vegetable oil combined with "Super-fibres" energy in the diet is made available to the horse slowly, thus helping avoid the fizz that can be associated with cereal based diets.
Veteran Mix also includes essential antioxidants such as Vitamin E. Antioxidants act to mop up free radicals helping the horse to maintain normal muscle function and decrease recovery time after exercise.
Providing optimal levels of antioxidants through Saracen Veteran Mix will ensure that the older horse receives the many benefits provided by the provision of antioxidants in the ration including; maintenance of normal metabolic systems and immune function, thus affording the veteran horse the best protection to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Just the same as the original ration, the new, improved Saracen Veteran Mix contains the higher quality protein levels required by the older horse. Levels of key vitamins and minerals are also increased. This high fibre, high oil diet, with the addition of four different herbs, remains as palatable and nutritious as ever.
Click on the icon below to read Lizzie Drury's top tips on feeding the veteran